(1) CreditThis document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
(2) What information do we collect?We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and navigation).
- (b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your e-mail address).
- (d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of using any of our our services, including the calculation of bio-age metrics and lifestyle recommendations.
A cookie is text (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The text is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web browser to remember small peices of information useful to the web server.
We use "session" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security; and keep track of bio-age metrics and other assessments.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block All Cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of this web-site.
(4) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- (e) send you general communications;
- (f) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (g) provide third parties with information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- (h) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- (i) keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- (j) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties.
You may, from time to time, wish to allow your physician, your personal trainer, your health insurer, your dietitian, your genetics counselor or other third party to review and analyse your personal information. This web-site provides a mechanism for you to give your express consent for such third party access.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- (d) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(6) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws as stringent as those in which you reside.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(7) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
All personal information entered to the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- (a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at AUD 20); and
- (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(10) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(11) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(13) Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is FactNexus Pty Ltd.